BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
We are excited that you’re interested in taking the next step in your educational journey with Washington State University Everett! There are many reasons to complete your bachelor’s degree; financial and personal. Higher education is the surest path to both opportunity and earning power. A bachelor’s degree provides not only the hard skills necessary in the job market, but also critical thinking skills, a path to individual and personal growth and the chance to give back to your community.
WSU’s Software Engineering degree program intends to provide the students with expertise on various topics relevant in the modern technology industry. We aim at preparing graduates for careers as Software Developer/Engineer, Project Manager, Requirement Engineer, Quality Assurance and more.
The BSSE WSU Everett is a 2.5-year, full-time, daytime bachelor’s degree completion program for transfer students. Courses and laboratories are taught in person by WSU faculty in Everett, via interactive video from WSU Pullman, and online through the University’s nationally ranked Global Campus program.
We will seek accreditation for the BSSE program from the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET as soon as is allowed by ABET (which is the time of graduation of the first student from the program). The School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science already offers other ABET accredited Bachelor of Science programs. On our ABET site you may read about our program evaluation and accreditation process.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete your application online, selecting North Puget Sound at Everett as your campus.
2. Submit official transcripts showing coursework to-date. Updated official transcripts will be required once grades are posted for spring and summer (if you enroll in courses). Contact all previous colleges and have them send official transcripts to:
Washington State University Everett
915 N. Broadway
Everett, WA 98201
An academic coordinator will review your application and transcript(s) for prerequisites for acceptance/certification into the software engineering program and contact you for next steps.
* NOTE: The WSU tuition deposit, which confirms acceptance of your offer, is nonrefundable; pay the deposit only after you are accepted/certified into the software engineering program.
General Timeline for BSSE Everett:
- Priority will be given to applicants who have submitted all required application material (including official transcripts) by January 31
- Notification of Admission Decisions (for those received) May 15
- Students respond to offers of admission by June 1
- Admission will continue until all seats for the program are filled
There are scholarships available for WSU Everett Software Engineering students. No application is necessary for these departmental scholarships. If you are offered a spot in the program, eligibility for these scholarships will be determined based on transfer GPA in the major related courses. Students will be notified of their scholarship awards and conditions to receive the award.
All students must meet requirements as outlined in the WSU Catalog in order to graduate. See the WSU Catalog for degree requirements and talk with your academic advisor about planning and scheduling your courses.
Software engineering skills are highly sought after in the technology industry. Software professions are among the occupations with the highest projected job growth for 2014 – 2024. The state of Washington expects that in the near future there will be twice as many jobs for workers with bachelor’s degrees in Software Engineering (BSSE) as there are qualified candidates. Software engineers typically earn six-figure salaries.
CONTACT AN ADVISOR:
Prospective students, on-site advisor for students accepted to program.
Undergraduate Academic Coordinator