BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
We are excited that you’re interested in taking the next step in your educational journey with Washington State University Everett! There are many reasons to complete your bachelor’s degree; financial and personal. Higher education is the surest path to both opportunity and earning power. A bachelor’s degree provides not only the hard skills necessary in the job market, but also critical thinking skills, a path to individual and personal growth and the chance to give back to your community.
The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett is a two-year, full-time bachelor’s degree completion program for transfer students. Most courses are taught in person by WSU faculty in Everett, and additional courses are taught via interactive video from WSU Pullman, or online through the University’s nationally ranked Global Campus program.
The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett is an extension of the ABET-accredited mechanical engineering program at WSU Pullman.
Visiting faculty and industry experts also teach selected courses, so you can learn directly from people who are on the cutting edge of manufacturing, automation, robotics, next-generation transportation systems, and more. Local companies offer mentoring and internship opportunities that prepare you for jobs after graduation. WSU faculty and staff are on the WSU Everett campus to provide academic and career advising.
To be eligible for the WSU mechanical engineering degree program, you will need to complete the Program Acceptance Requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett accepts entering students for fall semester only.
1. Complete your application online, selecting North Puget Sound at Everett as your campus.
2. Submit official transcripts showing coursework to-date. Updated official transcripts will be required once grades are posted for spring and summer (if you enroll in courses). Contact all previous colleges and have them send official transcripts to:
Washington State University Everett
915 N. Broadway
Everett, WA 98201
4. The academic coordinator will review your transcript(s) for prerequisites to acceptance/certification into the mechanical engineering program and contact you for next steps. NOTE: The WSU tuition deposit, which confirms acceptance of your WSU admission offer, is nonrefundable; pay the deposit only after you are accepted/certified into the mechanical engineering program.
General Timeline for WSU Everett applications:
- The WSU application are open now for students applying to enter the WSU Everett program in Fall 2020
- Priority will be given to applicants who have submitted all required application material (including official transcripts) by January 31
- Mechanical Engineering Everett final application date is March 30 (application closes March 30)
- Notification of Program Acceptance Decisions (for those received) May 15
- Respond to offers of admission by June 1
All students must meet requirements as outlined in the WSU Catalog in order to graduate. See the WSU Catalog for degree requirements and talk with your academic adviser about planning and scheduling your courses.
Mechanical engineering is the most versatile and flexible field in engineering, and is in high demand. The directions you can take with a mechanical engineering degree are nearly endless. Firms in King, Snohomish, Island, Skagit and Whatcom counties, as well as the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility in Bremerton, employ mechanical engineers—and WSU engineering degrees are highly regarded. WSU engineering students often have job offers before they graduate.
CONTACT AN ADVISOR:
Prospective students, on-site advisor for students accepted to program.
Undergraduate Academic Coordinator