Hospitality business management at Everett is a degree completion program. Students should complete the majority of the WSU general education (UCORE) requirements before enrolling. We recommend pursuing one of Washington’s transferable associate’s degrees; these degrees will fulfill most of WSU’s UCORE requirements and usually will confer junior standing upon enrollment at WSU Everett.
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS LOWER-DIVISION COURSES
The Carson College of Business requires all business majors to take certain prerequisite courses before accessing many 300-400 level classes. Some can be taken after enrolling at WSU Everett, but it will save a lot of time if you take the pre-business courses before you transfer.
Complete these WSU courses (or transferable equivalents) with a GPA of 2.5 or better:
- ACCTG 230, 231 – Accounting Principles and Managerial Accounting
- B_A 211 – Ethics, Teams, and Innovation
- B_A 212 – Spreadsheets, Data Visualizations, & Decision Anyalis
- B LAW 210 – Law and the Legal Environment
- MGTOP 215 – Business Statistics
- ECONS 101, 102 – Micro and Macro
- ENGLISH 101 – English Composition
- MATH 201, 202 – Finite Math and Business Calculus
- MIS 250 – Managing Information Technology
- Direct admission to the program requires EconS 101 or 102 with a C or better & Math 201 or Math 202 with a C or better with a 2.5 minimum cumulative GPA.
Learn about the Carson Career Amplifier Program, an integral part of the Next Carson Coug curriculum. This co-curricular program complements what students are learning in the classroom. Students will develop professional skills through engaging, hands-on experiences. The Career Amplifier leverages opportunities available to our students from across academic departments, the Carson Center, and University-wide programs in order to provide a structured learning experience that will develop students’ career readiness.