Bachelor of science in software engineering
WSU’s Software Engineering degree program intends to provide the students with expertise on various topics relevant in the modern technology industry. We aim at preparing graduates for careers as Software Developer/Engineer, Project Manager, Requirement Engineer, Quality Assurance and more.
Students attend all courses on the Everett Community College campus. Courses are taught in person by faculty in Everett, via interactive video from WSU Pullman, and online via the nationally ranked WSU Online program.
Software Engineering at Everett is a degree completion program. Students should complete as many of the Washington State University general education (UCORE) requirements as possible before starting the program.
While an associate’s degree isn’t required for admission, an associate of science-track 2 (AST-2) degree would cover many UCORE courses required by WSU.
Software engineering preparation
The WSU software engineering program requires a specific pre-engineering curriculum. Students should complete these courses before transferring. See the course list and use our transfer menu to find equivalent courses at your current college.
How to apply
1. APPLY using the Transfer Student Application.
– Select “North Puget Sound in Everett” as your campus and “Software Engineering” as your academic interest.
2. Complete the Everett Software Engineering supplemental application by following this link. (The supplemental asks you to enter the courses you have taken and grades received; you will want to have a copy of your transcripts/unofficial transcripts handy before you begin)
3. Official transcripts showing coursework to-date are required before your initial application can be evaluated. Updated official transcripts will be required once grades are posted for spring and summer (if you enroll in courses). Contact all previous colleges and have them send official transcripts to:
WSU North Puget Sound at Everett
Office of Admissions
Gray Wolf Hall 101
2000 Tower Street, MS – 45
Everett, WA 98201
4. The academic coordinator will review your supplemental application and transcript(s) for prerequisites to admission/certification into the software engineering program and contact you for next steps.
5. Pay the WSU tuition deposit, which confirms acceptance of your admission offer. NOTE: This deposit is nonrefundable; pay the deposit only after you are admitted/certified into the software engineering program.
General Timeline for SE Everett:
- SE Supplemental Application will be open Nov. 15.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have submitted all required application material (including official transcripts) by April 15.
- Notification of Admission Decisions (for those received) May 15.
- Respond to offers of admission by June 1.
- Admission will continue until all seats for the program are filled.
- More instructions on applying for admission
There are scholarships available for WSU Everett Software Engineering students. No application is necessary for these departmental scholarships. If you are offered a spot in the program, eligibility for these scholarships will be determined based on transfer GPA in the major related courses. Students will be notified of their scholarship awards and conditions to receive the award.
All students must meet requirements as outlined in the WSU Catalog in order to graduate. See the WSU Catalog for degree requirements and talk with your academic advisor about planning and scheduling your courses.
Software engineering skills are highly sought after in the technology industry. Software professions are among the occupations with the highest projected job growth for 2014 – 2024. The state of Washington expects that in the near future there will be twice as many jobs for workers with bachelor’s degrees in Software Engineering (BSSE) as there are qualified candidates. Software engineers typically earn six-figure salaries.