Bachelor of science in Software Engineering
WSU’s Software Engineering degree program intends to provide the students with expertise on various topics relevant in the modern technology industry. We aim at preparing graduates for careers as Software Developer/Engineer, Project Manager, Requirement Engineer, Quality Assurance and more.
The BSSE WSU Everett is a 2.5-year, full-time, daytime bachelor’s degree completion program for transfer students. Courses and laboratories are taught in person by WSU faculty in Everett, via interactive video from WSU Pullman, and online through the University’s nationally ranked Global Campus program.
We will seek accreditation for the BSSE program from the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET as soon as is allowed by ABET (which is the time of graduation of the first student from the program). The School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science already offers other ABET accredited Bachelor of Science programs. On our ABET site you may read about our program evaluation and accreditation process.
Software Engineering Program Specific Information
WSU Software Engineering faculty have recommended modifications to the curriculum. These changes are in the Washington State Faculty Senate review process. If approved, the proposed changes will more closely align with available community college transfer courses and will be effective fall 2018.
We recommend that all applicants consult with our Everett WSU advisor to discuss specific courses and options for completion of the Software Engineering prerequisites. Please provide your name, phone, and an unofficial transcript to: email@example.com
How to apply
- Complete the official WSU transfer application.
– Select “WSU Everett” as your campus and “Software Engineering” as your academic interest.
- Complete the supplemental application for WSUSE in Everett. (The supplemental asks you to enter the courses you have taken and grades received; you will want to have a copy of your transcripts/unofficial transcripts handy before you begin).
- Official transcripts showing coursework to-date are required before your initial application can be evaluated. Updated official transcripts will be required once grades are posted for winter, spring, and summer (if you enroll in courses). Contact all previous colleges and have them send official transcripts to:
Washington State University Everett
915 N. Broadway
Everett, WA 98201
An academic coordinator will review your supplemental application and transcript(s) for prerequisites for acceptance/certification into the software engineering program and contact you for next steps.
* NOTE: The WSU tuition deposit, which confirms acceptance of your offer, is nonrefundable; pay the deposit only after you are accepted/certified into the software engineering program.
General Timeline for BSSE Everett:
- BSSE Supplemental Application will be open November 15
- Priority will be given to applicants who have submitted all required application material (including official transcripts) by January 31
- Notification of Admission Decisions (for those received) May 15
- Students respond to offers of admission by June 1
- Admission will continue until all seats for the program are filled
There are scholarships available for WSU Everett Software Engineering students. No application is necessary for these departmental scholarships. If you are offered a spot in the program, eligibility for these scholarships will be determined based on transfer GPA in the major related courses. Students will be notified of their scholarship awards and conditions to receive the award.
All students must meet requirements as outlined in the WSU Catalog in order to graduate. See the WSU Catalog for degree requirements and talk with your academic advisor about planning and scheduling your courses.
Software engineering skills are highly sought after in the technology industry. Software professions are among the occupations with the highest projected job growth for 2014 – 2024. The state of Washington expects that in the near future there will be twice as many jobs for workers with bachelor’s degrees in Software Engineering (BSSE) as there are qualified candidates. Software engineers typically earn six-figure salaries.