Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Business Management
WSU’s hospitality business management program provides a sound business education focused on the fundamentals of operating hotels, restaurants, managed services venues, and tourist destinations/attractions worldwide.
The degree includes hands-on instruction and 1,000 hours of paid industry experience—so you’re ready to jump right into a career position when you graduate.
Students attend classes at the Everett University Center, which is located on the Everett Community College campus. Courses are taught in person by WSU faculty in Everett and interactively online via the nationally ranked WSU Online program.
Hospitality business management at Everett is a degree completion program. Students should complete the majority of the Washington State University general education (UCORE) requirements before enrolling. We recommend pursuing one of Washington’s transferable associate’s degrees; these degrees will fulfill most of Washington State University’s general education (UCORE) requirements and usually will confer junior standing upon enrollment at WSU in Everett.
College of Business certification courses
The WSU College of Business requires all business majors to take certain prerequisite courses before certifying into the degree program. This can be done after enrolling with WSU at Everett, but it will save a lot of time if you take the pre-business courses before you transfer.
Complete these WSU courses (or transferable equivalents) with a GPA of 2.5 or better:
- ACCTG 230, 231- Accounting Principles and Managerial Accounting
- B LAW 210 – Law and the Legal Environment
- MGTOP 215 – Business Statistics
- ECONS 101, 102 – Micro and Macro
- ENGLISH 101 – English Composition
- MATH 201, 202 – Finite Math and Business Calculus
- MIS 250 – Managing Information Technology
Certification into the program also requires a 2.5 cumulative GPA and 60 credit hours. Transferable equivalents at your college (pdf)
How to apply
Apply for admission to WSU North Puget Sound Everett as a transfer student.
1. APPLY using the Transfer Student Application.
– Select “WSU Everett” as your campus and “Hospitality Business Management” as your academic interest.
2. After submitting your application, please send official transcripts to WSU in Everett at:
Washington State University Everett
915 N. Broadway
Everett, WA 98201
3. The academic coordinator will contact you and help you apply for certification into the Hospitality Business Management program.
4. Pay the WSU tuition deposit, which confirms acceptance of your admission offer. NOTE: This deposit is nonrefundable; pay the deposit only after you are certified into the Hospitality Business Management program.
All students must meet requirements as outlined in the WSU Catalog in order to graduate. See the WSU Catalog for degree requirements and talk with your academic adviser about planning and scheduling your courses.