Bachelor of science in Mechanical Engineering
Attend class on the Everett Community College campus and learn from WSU engineering faculty. Most courses are taught by resident faculty at the Everett campus; other courses may be taught interactively from Pullman and other campuses.
Visiting faculty and industry experts also teach selected courses, so you can learn directly from people who are on the cutting edge of manufacturing, automation, robotics, next-generation transportation systems, and more. Local companies offer mentoring and internship opportunities that prepare you for jobs after graduation. WSU faculty and staff are on the WSU Everett campus to provide academic and career advising.
To be eligible for the WSU mechanical engineering degree program, you will need to complete the Program Acceptance Requirements.
How to Apply
Apply for admission to WSU Everett as a transfer student. The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett accepts entering students for fall semester only.
1. APPLY using the Transfer Student Application: www.applyweb.com/apply/wsuivt
– Select “WSU Everett” as your campus and “Mech Eng” as your academic interest.
3. Official transcripts showing coursework to-date are required before your initial application can be evaluated. Updated official transcripts will be required once grades are posted for spring and summer (if you enroll in courses). Contact all previous colleges and have them send official transcripts to:
Washington State University Everett
915 N. Broadway
Everett, WA 98201
4. The academic coordinator will review your supplemental application and transcript(s) for prerequisites to acceptance/certification into the mechanical engineering program and contact you for next steps. NOTE: The WSU tuition deposit, which confirms acceptance of your WSU admission offer, is nonrefundable; pay the deposit only after you are accepted/certified into the mechanical engineering program.
General Timeline for WSU Everett applications:
- The WSU Transfer Student Application and the Mechanical Engineering Supplemental Application are open now for students applying to enter the WSU Everett program in Fall 2019
- Priority will be given to applicants who have submitted all required application material (including official transcripts) by January 31
- Mechanical Engineering Everett final application date is March 30 (application closes March 30)
- Notification of Program Acceptance Decisions (for those received) May 15
- Respond to offers of admission by June 1
All students must meet requirements as outlined in the WSU Catalog in order to graduate. See the WSU Catalog for degree requirements and talk with your academic adviser about planning and scheduling your courses.
Mechanical engineering is the most versatile and flexible field in engineering, and is in high demand. The directions you can take with a mechanical engineering degree are nearly endless. Firms in King, Snohomish, Island, Skagit and Whatcom counties, as well as the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility in Bremerton, employ mechanical engineers—and WSU engineering degrees are highly regarded. WSU engineering students often have job offers before they graduate.