Returning to WSU to complete your degree?
You’re considered a returning student if you previously enrolled at WSU as a degree-seeking student at any WSU campus and have been away for more than one semester, excluding summer session. If you attended only a summer session and applied through the Summer Session office, you’re not considered a former student returning and you’ll need to fill out a transfer admission application.
If you’ve been absent for only one semester, you don’t need to reapply. Contact your academic adviser to plan your next steps.
How to apply as a returning student
1. Fill out the former student application
2. WSU Everett offers degree completion programs in:
- Integrated Strategic Communication
- Hospitality Business Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Data Analytics
- Organic Agriculture Systems
Students admitted at WSU Everett have generally completed all of their WSU UCORE requirements and will finish their last two years within their certified major. To ensure you are ready for re-entry into WSU at Everett meet with an academic adviser to review your previous coursework.
3. Do you have a solid academic record?
If you earned below a 2.0 GPA in your last semester at WSU or had a cumulative GPA below 2.0, you’ll need to complete an academic reinstatement application which includes a personal statement. If your GPA never went below 2.0, move on to step
4. If you’ve taken college courses elsewhere since you left WSU, request official transcripts from all colleges you attended. Transcripts and test scores must be sent directly from the school or testing agency to WSU via secure electronic document transfer, fax, or mail. Email is not accepted. Please mail official transcripts to:
Washington State University Everett
Office of Admissions
915 N. Broadway
Everett, WA 98201
5. If you’re currently taking college courses, have a copy of your final transcript sent to the WSU Office of Admissions when your coursework is complete. NOTE: This is a guide to the admission process, not a statement of policy. See the WSU General Catalog for official requirements and regulations.
After you apply
When we receive your application, the application fee or waiver request, and official transcripts from the colleges you’ve attended, the Office of Admissions will review your application and all supporting materials. During our review we’ll determine your total number of transferable college credits, cumulative GPA in the transferable work, and which University common requirements (UCORE) you’ve completed. Courses that are applicable to your major will be evaluated by the department you’re planning to major in.
Once we have completed our review, we will notify you of the admission decision by letter.
For more information on checking your application status through WSU’s secure online portal, visit my.wsu.edu.