What is Title IX?
- Title IX reads, “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
- Sex discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual assault.
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. §1681, and its implementing regulation at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX)
- WSU Executive Policy 15 prohibits discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct (including sexual assault, stalking, and dating violence). For more information, visit Executive Policy 15 Website.
- WSU Standards of Conduct for Students prohibits discrimination and sexual misconduct (including sexual assault, stalking, and dating violence). To view the standards, visit Standards of Conduct for Students Website.
Title IX Liaison:
Associate Director of Student Services