Society of Women Engineers WSU Everett
About Society of Women Engineers
Founded in 1950, the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is a not-for-profit educational and service organization focused on empowering women to succeed, advance in their careers as engineers, and serve as a center of information on women in engineering through education, outreach, and leadership.
To promote and support women as they achieve their full potential in their careers as engineers and leaders, expand the image of the engineer profession as a positive for in improving the quality of life and demonstrate the value of diversity.
The purpose of the SWE shall be to inform students, parents, counselors, and the public of the National SWE organization and the achievements of women engineers and the opportunities open to them; promote, provide, and enhance educational, professional, and community service opportunities, activities, and related affairs for both female and male students on the WSU Everett campus; assist women engineers in readying themselves for a return to active work after temporary retirement; serve as a center of information on women in engineering; encourage women engineers to attain high levels of education and professional development.
Student Impact and Goals
SWE advocates the development of both female and male engineers at all stages of their personal and professional lives. By promoting diversity and supporting women engineers in the field, SWE promotes the inclusion and success of women, present and prospective, in engineering and technology.
Interested in joining WSU Everett SWE? Email us at email@example.com.
Join a society of pioneers, advocates and mentors who support and guide your collegiate and professional journey, and celebrate your lifelong accomplishments. You gain a vast pool of resources to nurture your personal and career development. And, you impact the future of engineering and technology.
Why Become a National SWE Member?
By joining the National Society of Women Engineers, you will gain access to a larger network of collegiate and professionals. A SWE collegiate membership is a great way to prepare for a successful engineering career. As a member, you are part of a community of peers with access to exceptional tools, scholarships, training, and role models. And with all the recreational activities, it’s a lot of fun, too!
A SWE collegiate membership offers outstanding value! Your membership includes:
- Eligibility for scholarships. More than $500,000 is awarded each year
- SWE Career Center for internship and full-time employment search and career planning
- Networking opportunities with practicing women engineers and other collegiates
- A support system of peer groups, mentors, advisors, and industry leaders
- An opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills
- Regularly scheduled meetings that allow you to get advice from fellow members on everything from time management to graduate schools, all while making
- Discounted prices with Kaplan: 10% off any SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, DAT, OAT or PCAT preparation class, Live Online class, premium online product,
tutoring or admissions consulting package
- SWE Annual and Regional Conferences
- Professional development seminars
- Live professional development webinars that are also available as replays
- Annual subscription to the award-winning SWE Magazine