Below are several sites to remain informed about the public health crisis and resources you may be able to utilize.
Daily exposure to news about coronavirus may result in a range of responses. Reactions can be emotional, somatic, and/or behavioral, and can impact mental and physical health. It is important to be aware of your reactions to the outbreak and know strategies to cope with distress. Click here to read more.
Employment Security Department of Washington State
- Information for employers and employees affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. You may be eligible for unemployment benefits.
- Cougar Food Pantry Remains Open
- Career Services available virtually
- Interested in resume reviews? Mock interviews? Tips to be successful in an online class? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a time to meet virtually.
- Testing Center is closed along with campus, by proclamation of Governor Jay Inslee. Please call 425-405-1600 with any questions.
- Academic Success and Career Center tutoring is via ZOOM and is accessible to all WSU students. Students can find a tutor, their hours and the tutors zoom link: tutoring.wsu.edu.
- Computer Loan Program: The Office of the Provost is partnering with Information Technology Services to introduce a computer loan program, making a number of Acer Chromebooks available to students for personal educational use. If you are interested in the computer loan program, please complete and submit the form at this link. Further information will be provided upon submission of the form.
Distance learning tips
- Student guide for “Preparing to Complete Courses Remotely“
- VIDEO | Distance learning tips with Moses and Zora: Microsoft Teams
- VIDEO | Distance learning tips with Moses and Zora: Zoom Video Conferencing
- VIDEO | Distance learning tips with Moses and Zora: Battling Zoom Fatigue
- Student leaders will be encouraged to offer events and meetings virtually.
- Student events and meet-ups will be planned throughout the semester, virtually! Please watch this website and your email for upcoming events!
- Welcome Week will still happen. Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to the first week of classes!
- Student Involvement Fair will be held during Welcome Week virtually. This will be a great chance for you to meet your fellow students and get involved!
- The Fall Career Fair will be held Virtually, hosted by ASCC in Pullman. WSU Everett will hold virtual information sessions for interested industry partners please watch this website and your email for updates and a schedule as we get closer to the start of the semester!
- Career Services will continue in a virtual nature with integration of system-wide networking and engagement opportunities. Please email Everett.StudentServices@wsu.edu to setup an appointment for resume/cover letter review, mock interview practice, job/internship search advice and much more!
Mental Health Counseling
- Students will have continued access to our Mental Health Counselor who has been available throughout the Pandemic to meet with students. Please visit: everett.wsu.edu/health-and-wellness-2 for more information.
Covid-19 CDC website:
Local and State Resources
- WA 211
- COVID-19 Helpline (1-800-525-0127) managed by WA 211
- Governor Inslee COVID-19 Information and Updates
- WA State Emergency Management Division
- Tacoma – Pierce County Health Department
- Public Health – Seattle & King County
- Snohomish Health District
United States Department of Labor: Occupational Safety and Health Administration