Bachelor of arts in communication
Major concentration in Integrated Strategic Communication from
The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication
With hands-on projects and internships, the highly flexible program gives you all the tools you’ll need to become a professional communicator-and the freedom to focus on what interests you the most. This program extends WSU Pullman’s highly regarded communication program to Everett. Courses are taught by faculty and professional experts affiliated with the Edward R. Murrow College of Communication. Most courses are taught in person, while others are delivered from WSU Pullman via interactive video and the nationally ranked WSU Global Campus online program.
Integrated Strategic Communication at Everett is a degree completion program designed to integrate with the state of Washington’s Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) associate of arts degree. While an associate’s degree isn’t required for admission, it is highly recommended. Prospective students should complete enough of the Washington State University general education (UCORE) requirements to qualify for junior standing before enrolling.
The Integrated Strategic Communication program requires specific prerequisite courses. If possible, you should take them before applying to WSU (they are available at Everett, but completing them before you transfer will help you finish your degree sooner.)
See murrow.wsu.edu/everett for the communication prerequisites, detailed information about the direct transfer agreement (DTA) with Everett Community College, and the program’s requirements and core courses.
How to apply
1. Apply for admission to WSU North Puget Sound Everett using the Transfer Student Application.
-Select “WSU Everett” as your campus and the “Integrated Strategic Communication” as your academic interest.
2. Send official transcripts to WSU in Everett at:
WSU North Puget Sound at Everett
Office of Admissions
Gray Wolf Hall 101
2000 Tower Street, MS – 45
Everett, WA 98201
3. The academic coordinator will contact you and help you apply for certification into the Integrated Strategic Communication program.
4. Pay the WSU tuition deposit, which confirms acceptance of your admission offer. NOTE: This deposit is nonrefundable; pay the deposit only after you are certified into the Integrated Strategic Communication program.
To be eligible for scholarships from WSU, do the following:
- Complete the WSU scholarship application by January 31.
- File the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by January 31 to qualify for scholarships that consider financial need.
- The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication at WSU awards scholarships to students interested in broadcasting, journalism, public relations and general communications.
More about communication scholarships.